Dr. NISHANT A. DAFALE
Dr. NISHANT A. DAFALE
M. Sc., Ph. D. (Microbiology)
Environmental Genomics Division (EGD)
Dir L. Line : (0712) 2249878
Phone :(0712) 2249886– 2249885 Ext –
Fax No. :(0712) 2249900
Microbiology, Biotechnology & Microbial Genomics
- Decolorization of azo dyes and simulated dye bath wastewater using acclimatized microbial consortium–biostimulation and halotolerance, Bioresource Technology (2008), 99, 2552-2558. Nishant Dafale, Nageshwara Rao, Sudhir Meshram & Satish Wate
- Exploration of genetic information from dynamic microbial population for efficiency enhancement of azo dye degrading system. Environmental Reviews (NRC, Canada), (2011), 19, 310-323.Nishant Dafale*
- Selection of indicator bacteria based on screening of 16S rDNA metagenomic library from a two-stage anoxic-oxic bioreactor system for azo dyes decolorization. Bioresource Technology, (2010), 101, 476–484.Nishant Dafale, Leena Agrawal, A. Kapley, Sudhir Meshram, H. Purohit & Satish Wate
- Concentration and recovery of coliphages from water with bituminous coal, Water Environmental Research (2008), 80 (3), 282-288. Nishant Dafale, Sukumar Lakhe, K. Yadav, Hemant Purohit & Tapan Chakraborty
- Biodegradation enhancement of purified terephthalic acid wastewater by coagulation-flocculation process as pretreatment, Journal of Hazardous Material (2008), 154 (1-3), 721-730. M. Karthik, Nishant Dafale, Praduamya Pathe & Tapas Nandy
- Kinetic study approach of remazol black-B use for the development of two-stage anoxic-oxic reactor for decolorization/biodegradation of azo dyes by activated bacterial consortium, Journal of Hazardous Material (2008), 159, 319-328. Nishant Dafale, Satish Wate, Sudhir Meshram & Tapas Nandy
- Microbial decolorization of reactive black-5 in a two stage anaerobic-aerobic reactor using acclimatized activated textile sludge. Biodegradation (2006),17,403-413.
- Sagrika Mohanty, Nishant Dafale & Nageshwara Rao
- Transformation of azo dyes during wet heat sterilization–A source of error in typical microbial decolorization experiments. International Journal of Environmental Pollution (2010), 43(1-3), 264-273. Nishant Dafale, Satish Wate, Sudhir Meshram & Nageshwara Rao
- Bioremediation of wastewater containing azo dyes using sequential anaerobic-aerobic bioreactor system and its biodiversity, Environmental Reviews (NRC, Canada), (2010), 18, 21-36.Nishant Dafale, Satish Wate, Sudhir Meshram & Nageshwara Rao
- Quantification of ceptrisium sodium in pharmaceutical preparations through new validated microbial bioassay. Analytical Methods (Royal Society of Chemistry, UK), (2012), 4, 2490-2498. Nishant Dafale*, Uttam Semawl, Piyush Agarwal, Pradeep Sharma, G. N. Singh
- Development and validation of microbial bioassay for the quantification of potency of antibiotics cefuroxime axitel, Analytical Methods (Royal Society of Chemistry, UK), (2013), 5, 690-698, Nishant Dafale*, Uttam Semawl, Piyush Agarwal, G. N. Singh
- Validation of microbial bioassay for quantification of levofloxacin in pharmaceutical preparations and its application to drug resistance, Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis (2015); 5(1), 18–26 Nishant Dafale*, Uttam Semwal, Piyush Agarwal, Pradip Sharma, G. N. Singh
- Evaluation of Preservative Effectiveness in Antacid, Cough Syrup and Ophthalmic Solution by Microbial Challenge Test. International Journal of Pharmacognosy, 2014; 1(3), 193-199 Nishant Dafale*, Uttam Semwal, Piyush Agarwal, Pradip Sharma, G. N. Singh
- Paper entitled Bioremediation of wastewater containing azo dyes through two-stage bioreactor and its biodiversity has published in proceeding of the “Second International Conference on Environmental Management, Engineering, Planning and Economics (CEMEPE09)”, organized by University of Thessaly; held at Mykonos island, Greece during June 21-26, 2009.Nishant Dafale & Satish Wate
- Paper entitled Sequential anaerobic–aerobic reactor for complete decolorization and partial mineralization of remazol black-B has published in “International Workshop on R&D Frontiers in Waste and Wastewater Management”, held at National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur during January 20-21, 2006. Nishant Dafale, Sudhir Meshram & Nageshwara Rao
- Awarded CSIR-Senior Research Fellow (SRF) by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), New Delhi in 2008.
- Awarded Junior Project Fellow (JPF) by CSIR-National Environmental Engineering Research Institute, Nagpur in 2002.
- DST Inspire Fellow (Microbiology) is registered for Ph. D. in RTM Nagpur University, Nagpur.
- Guided (6) students of various Universities for M.Sc. & M.Tech in Microbiology & Biotechnology for their project work (dissertation).