Dr. SANJEEV KUMAR SINGH
Dr. SANJEEV KUMAR SINGH
Principle Scientist and Head
Ph.D. , M.Sc. (Chemistry)
Dir L. Line : (0712) 2249878
Phone :(0712) 2249886– 2249885 Ext – 323
Fax No. :(0712) 2249900
- Phytoremediation/bioremediation of degraded lands including mine dumps using integrated biotechnological approach
- Wastewaters (Industrial and Domestic) management using eco-friendly treatment processes such as High Rate Transpiration System (HRTS) and Wetland system
- Remediation of soils polluted with metals, hydrocarbons, pesticides etc.
- CO2 sequestration and mitigation of climate change using plant-microbe systems
- Remediation of PCBs contaminated soils
- EIA studies of mining projects (Analysis of soil and water samples)
- Quality testing of polyester fibres
- Nanekar S, Dhote M, Kashyap S, Singh S.K. and Juwarkar A.A (2015) Microbe assisted phytoremediation of oil sludge and role of amendments: a mesocosm study. Int J Environ Sci Technol. 12:193–202.
- S.B. Wath, M.N. Katariya, S.K. Singh, G.S. Kanade and A.N. Vaidya (2015) Separation of WPCBs by dissolution of brominated epoxy resins using DMSO and NMP: A comparative study. Chemical Engineering Journal, 280: 391–398.
- Jitendra K. Sharma, Ravindra K. Gautam, Rashmi R. Misra, Sanjay M. Kashyap, Sanjeev K. Singh and Asha A. Juwarkar (2014) Degradation of Di- Through Hepta-Chlorobiphenyls in Clophen Oil Using Microorganisms Isolated from Long Term PCBs Contaminated Soil. Indian J Microbiol. 54(3):337–342.
- Rajani Nair, Asha A. Juwarkar, Tushar Wanjari, S.K. Singh and T. Chakrabarti (2011) Study of Terrestrial Carbon Flux by Eddy Covariance Method in Revegetated Manganese Mine Spoil Dump at Gumgaon, India. Climatic Change. 106:609–619.
- Asha A. Juwarkar, Sanjeev K. Singh and Ackmez Mudhoo (2010) A comprehensive overview of elements in bioremediation. Rev Environ. Sci. Biotechnol. Vol. 9: 215-288.
- Asha Ashok Juwarkar, K.L. Mehrotraa, Rajani Nair, Tushar Wanjari, S. K. Singh and T. Chakrabarti (2010) Carbon Sequestration in Reclaimed Manganese Mine Land at Gumgaon, India. Environ Monit Assess. 160:457–464.
- G.P. Kumar, S.K. Yadav, S.K. Singh, P.R. Thawale and A.A. Juwarkar (2008) Growth of Jatropha curcas on heavy metal contaminated soil amended with industrial wastes and Azotobacter - A greenhouse study. Bioresource Technology. 99: 2078–2082.
- A.A. Juwarkar, A. Nair, K.V. Dubey, S.K. Singh and S. Devotta (2007) Biosurfactant technology for remediation of cadmium and lead contaminated soil. Chemosphere, 68: 1996–2002.
- S.K. Singh, A. A. Juwarkar; S. Kumar; J. Meshram and M. Fan (2007) Effect of amendments on phytoextraction of arsenic by Vetiveria zizanioides from soil. Int. J. Environ. Sci. Tech., 4: 339-344.
- S.K. Singh, Asha A. Juwarkar, R.A. Pandey and T. Chakrabarti (2008) Applicability of high rate transpiration system for treatment of biologically treated distillery effluent. Environmental Monitoring and Assessment. 141:201–212.
Juwarkar Asha Ashok, Thawale Prashant R., Chakrabarti Tapan, Wate Satish R. and Singh Sanjeev Kumar. Phytodistillation of colored wastewater to recover pure water (2015)
- Elected fellow of Association for the Advancement of Biodiversity Science, India, 2015
- Fellow of Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata, India
- Member of Stockholm Convention Regional Centre on POPs for Asia Region, India
- Editorial Member, Hindawi Publishing Corporation
International (Member of the Team):
- Dubai International Award (2007) for Best Practices to Improve the Living Environment to the technology “Ecological Restoration of Degraded Lands through Biotechnological Approaches”, included in the Global 329 Good Practices.
- Developed novel methods for removing Arsenic from contaminated soil. This work was appeared in European Commission DG Environment News Alert Service “Science for Environment Policy”, March 2007.
- Dubai International Award (2002) for Best Practices to Improve the Living Environment to the technology “Bioremediation of Mine Spoil Dumps by Integrated Biotechnological Approach (IBA)”, included in the Global 100 Best Practices.
National (Member of the Team):
- UN – HABITAT Award 2002 by the Ministry of Urban Development and Poverty Alleviation, New Delhi for “Bioremediation of Mine Spoil Dumps by Integrated Biotechnological Approach (IBA)” on the occasion of World Habitat Day for commercialization of technology on large scale for various mining industries in India.
- CSIR in 2002 selected the technology “Integrated Biotechnological Approach for Remediation of Mine Spoil Dumps” among the 60 S&T Developments for projection on the occasion of CSIR Diamond Jubilee Function.
- Best research paper award for the research on “Assessment of microbial diversity in oily sludge contaminated soil” in the National Symposium on “Sustainable management of Biodiversity using Science and Technology” organized by The National Academy of Sciences, India during November 24-26, 2011 at University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram (Authors: Monika Dhote, S. Venkata Mohan, Atya Kaple, Sajan C. R. Sneha Nanekar, S.K. Singh and Asha A. Juwarkar).
- First Best Poster Presentation Award to the poster entitled “Production of Biosurfactant from Industrial Wastewater using Biotechnological Approach and its Environmental Application” at Indo-Swedish International Conference on “Biotechnology for Sustainable Development held during 2007 at National Chemical Laboratory, Pune (Authors: Asha A. Juwarkar, Ravi Sharma, Vijendra Sharma, S.K. Singh, Anupa Nair and Tapan Chakrabarti).
- Life Member of Association for the Advancement of Biodiversity Science, India
- Life Member of Indian Chemical Society, Kolkata
- Life Member of Global Biotech Forum, New Delhi
- Life member, Association of Microbiologist of India
- Life Member of Indian Network for Soil Contamination Research (INSCR), India
- Life Member, Indian Association for Environmental Management (IAEM), India