To provide support to Director in R&D Planning
- Liaison and interaction with Government departments
- Matters pertaining to formulation, approvals, co-ordination of inter-laboratory projects and co-ordination of technical services
- Database of total NEERI R&D activities including research utilization
- Annual Report, Quarterly Progress Reports and Reports to CSIR from time to time
- Information dissemination as per Right to Information Act
- Publication of NEERI Journals/News Letters/Brochures and media support
- Human Resource Development – Preparation of Human Resource Development Plan; Training of CSIR Scientists and Staff; incentives and awards for staff; etc.
- Coordination of Seminars/Symposia/Conference/Exhibitions/Visitors
- CSIR UGC examination
- CSIR Programme on Youth for Leadership in Science (CPYLS)
- Zonal Lab coordination
- NEERI – Burhani Foundation award and other events of the Institute.