Submitted by administrator on Mon, 06/01/2015 - 17:54
Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometers : GBC 904AA and Hitachi Z8000
Atomic Absorption Spectrometer
(Perkin Elmer,AAnalyst 800, PinAAcle 900F)
- Absorption of radiant energy by free atoms in ground state
- Light source used to emit characteristic energy known as Hollow cathode Lamp
- The absorption is proportional to the concentration of free atoms follows the Lambert-Beer law
Absorbance = log10 Io/It = K.C.L.
In practical the Lambert-Beer's law can be reduced to
Absorbance = log10 Io/It µ C
- Determination of trace element in all types of environmental, biological and food samples.
- Non-volatile metals viz., Cd, Co, Cr, Cu, Fe, Mn, Ni, Pb, Zn are analysed in flame system and
- Volatile metals viz., As, Se, etc are analysed using hydride generation accessory (FIAS) , graphite furnace (GAAS)