Air Pollution Control Division is involved mainly in the following areas of research and development
1. Air Pollution Surveillance and Monitoring
- Urban ambient air quality
- Industrial air quality / fugitive emission
- Vehicle emission monitoring and stack monitoring
2. Air Quality Modelling & source Apportionment Studies
- Source dispersion modelling of Point - industrial emissions
- Vehicular emission and area source emissions for prediction of ambient air quality under different scenario in space and time
- Receptor modellingof particulate matter for source apportionment analysis
- Air quality trend analysis using statistical and neural network tools
3. Air Pollution Control Systems Design and Development & Performance Evaluation
- Emissions generation, treatment studies and design of Air Pollution Control Systems for small/medium scale industries
4. Air Quality Management, Assimilative Carrying Capacity Studies
- Delineation of air environment management plan and improvement plan for major sources
- Environmental audit
- Carrying capacity based developmental planning
5. National Clean Air Mission
- Demonstration studies for Air Pollution Control.
- Air Pollution & Health Impact Assessment.
- Creation of Centre for Excellence.