- The ultimate aim of KRC is to supply researchers with all the materials that they need in order to do research, become more educated and empowered.
- One of the fundamental tools that we use in order to work toward that ultimate aim is the union catalogue as an indispensable element of any effective system of resource-sharing.
- Union catalogues have been so successful and ubiquitous that it is easy to overlook the contributions to library services they have made and are continuing to make.
- It is a technological marvel that anyone, anywhere in the world with access to a computer and the Web can check on the vast holdings of the large libraries and, working through linked inter-library loan systems, obtain items that may not be available in their own KRC.
- To enhance the capacity and capability of CSIR computing power through CSIR private cloud infrastructure and Open Source Software Technology Solution Cell (OSSTSC).
- To provide CSIR KRCs an Integrated Library Management Solution using the open source software.
- To share information resources among CSIR laboratories by creating CSIR Distributed Library: catalogue sharing, inter library loans, & referral service for document supply service.
- To analyse CSIR research, technology and related data using multidimensional analysis