Mandate of Stores & Purchase Section
Procurement of Scientific Equipment , Office Equipment , Chemicals, Glassware and other Consumables and also Receipt, Storage and Safe Custody of Material, Issue and Disposal of the same by following laid down CSIR Purchase Rules 2019 and in consonance with GFR 2017 provisions so as to support the R&D activities of the Institute.
Key Activities of Stores & Purchase Section
- Prioritization of equipment to be procured and to utilize the CSIR Funds received during the financial year
- Processing of Indents for procurement of equipments received by floating of Limited Tender Enquiry, Open Tender etc. till the placement of Purchase Orders
- Procurement of indented items through Government e Market Place (GeM) & Central Public Procurement Portal(CPPP) of Govt. of India.
- Processing of Indents for AMC, Chemicals, Gases, Consumables, etc.
- Opening of Letter of Credits/ Wire transfers through bankers in r/o import purchase orders.
- Imports of equipment from foreign countries by continuous liaison with an appointed consolidation & customs house agent for smooth & timely import and installation of the ordered material.
- Receipt of material, DRR Entries, Opening of the consignments, Preparation of SRV, Stock Entry & Issue of Material, PIR entries
- Return of serviceable/unserviceable material and Disposal of material.
- Reconciliation of Asset Abstract Register with Accounts.
Enhancing internal process of Stores & Purchase by more coordination and liaison between Purchase and Stores as well as Accounts and all concerned Users/Indenters& Stakeholders. Regular meetings of Purchase Committee and Technical & Purchase Committee as per CSIR Manual on Procurent of Goods 2019 & GFR 2017 are held to ensure timely and speedy procurement of the indented items.